Saturday, February 9, 2013

Weather



This is a picture sent to me today of an east coast family member's back door during the snowstorm they are having!!   And it's not over yet!!!!  This is what sometimes makes me nostalgic for those snowed in days and weekends when this kind of a storm arrives and it's kind of cozy as long as the power doesn't go out and you have a decent size house to hide out in. You are at risk for cabin fever the smaller your living space is.  The sound is muffled and the snow keeps the heat in the house (it's the best insulator) so its toasty warm and silent.  However, when it's over you have to go out and spend hours and hours shoveling, backbreaking work, and that I don't miss at all!!  But during the storm it's kind of fun. 


On the other hand.......this is what's going on in my neck of the woods.  Hard to believe it's still Canada.  Yes, we have daffodil shoots coming up and I've been feeling, hearing and seeing signs of spring.  The geese are honking at night (mating I guess), the tree frogs are waking up ( what a wonderful sound) in the city some of the plum trees are blossoming and it's staying light later at night, til about 6pm.  This is the time of year when the west coast is such a contrast to the rest of Canada.  The older I get the more I appreciate it.  Winter was not hard for me to manage when I was younger, in fact I loved it, but now it its different. 
Really appreciating our weather this weekend. 

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment