Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wishcraft

Still working on the workbook wishcraft.  The most recent exercise asks us to imagine, without editing or considering any limitations, what our ideal day would look like.  When I did mine I found that my ideal day was not too far off from what my life is like now.  There were some differences like no money worries, we get to do what we want to do rather than have to work for money, but aside from that it was pretty similar.  Maybe I just have no imagination or maybe I am close to living the way I want to live.  I'm not sure.  Anyway, the next thing we are asked to do is pick out the aspects of our day that are 1.essential, the ones that are 2.optional and the ones that are 3.frills, then looking at our essential list, figure out what's in the way of having them.  What is the first step to take to make the essentials your life. 
Whew.  This sounds fun but its hard.  I think I'm putting too much pressure on myself, this is just an exercise right?

Here's my essential list:
writing for work
travel/mobility
setting my own schedule/work from home
meaningful work
connection to a world wide community
PJ happy in his work too
enough money not to worry about bills

There.  Now what's in the way.  I already have some of these things but not exactly the way I want them.  So...I don't write for a job yet. There's that.  And I don't have enough money to not worry about it.  I can set my own schedule pretty much but I don't work from home.  My work is already very meaningful.  I do not have a solid international community yet either.  PJ is not happy with work at the moment. 

So I need to find out how to write for a living.
Work from home.
Develop a community.
Make enough money, then PJ can find something he likes more.

Now.... the steps to take to make this happen, that's the next part and I have to think about it.  This is the really hard part, the ACTION phase.  It's easy to talk but more difficult to take action. 
Funny how this all does tie in with my moving to an island.  This is what islanders do...they make it work.  They chose lifestyle first and then find a way.  I'm becoming a real islander.  Huh.

Anyway, on with my task.

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment